This project is read-only.

Visual Studio 2010 Express compatibiliy issue

Oct 14, 2011 at 8:55 PM
Edited Oct 15, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Hello,

I found your project very interesting, but I can't load some projects of the solution.

2DBattleEngine, 2DBattleEngineContent, 3DBattleEngine, 3DBattleEngineContent.

The error is simply: "The project type is not supported by this installation"

I just dowloaded Visual Studio 2010 ultimate and Wix toolset. Do I need anything else?

Thx

Oct 16, 2011 at 3:17 PM

Hi,

do you have the XNA Framework installed?

Regards

Oct 17, 2011 at 1:26 PM

I installed the XNA 4.0 runtime, today I'll try with xna gamestudio, now I'm fighting agains Visual Studio 2010 because the solution thinks I haven't got the .NET 4.0 but this is not true. 

Oct 20, 2011 at 3:27 PM

Is it working now?

Oct 23, 2011 at 5:30 PM
After installing:

Windows SDK Update for Windows 7 and .net framework 4,
Visual Studio 2010 service pack 1 update
XNA game studio 4.0

And

Downloading ScintillaNet.dll in the correct folder, because there's only the SciLexer.dll on SVN, don't know why...

...now Visual Studio opens the solution without complaining nor warning.

In the next episode I'll try to build....

Thanks!
Oct 23, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Okay, it builds.

Except that TestProject needs XNA 3.0 and I installed 4.0, but changing the reference worked.

The only error I get is from installer:

Errore    1    The system cannot find the file '..\Deployment\Robots\MyRobot.dll'.    C:\Users\emanuele\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\marvinsarena\Src\Main\Installer\MarvinsArenaFiles.wxs    150    1    Installer
Errore    2    The system cannot find the file '..\Deployment\Robots\MyRobotVB.dll'.    C:\Users\emanuele\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\marvinsarena\Src\Main\Installer\MarvinsArenaFiles.wxs    153    1    Installer
Errore    3    The system cannot find the file '..\Deployment\Robots\SitAndFire.dll'.    C:\Users\emanuele\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\marvinsarena\Src\Main\Installer\MarvinsArenaFiles.wxs    156    1    Installer
Errore    4    The system cannot find the file '..\Samples\Samples.suo'.    C:\Users\emanuele\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\marvinsarena\Src\Main\Installer\SampleFiles.wxs    10    1    Installer

Just if it can help, for me it's not so important I suppose. MarvinsArena runs, so now I can start studying the code.

Those robots are in another trunk that I missed?

Oct 24, 2011 at 12:31 PM

Glad to hear that it's working now.

The XNA 3 Reference is an error. Will fix that :)